Activated charcoal is taking the beauty industry by storm. It's provided solutions to many problems related to dental health, skin cleansing, air purification and many more.
Charcoal has the power to remove dirt, dust, grime, and impurities from your skin. It is used in many beauty products such as soaps, face wash, facial and masks. Charcoal present in face wash helps remove dead cells, cleans excessive oil from the skin and removes dirt from skin pores. This is why many cosmetic manufacturers use it in many skincare products today. Whether you're seeking to improve your complexion or fight acne, here's a look at how an activated charcoal face wash may benefit your skin.
There are many benefits of charcoal face wash, especially for men's skin. Men's skin tend to have thicker layers and oilier, leading to an easier accumulation of dirt and acne breakouts.
Historically, charcoal was formed through a process of burning wood in a clay-enclosed soil-covered pit above ground—the first charcoal production dates to about 3000 BC. The creation of charcoal requires a certain limited flow of air so that the burning wood smolders rather than bursting into flame. The restricted airflow allows the burning of the wood to slow down. This results in the formation of charcoal.
Charcoal or Activated Charcoal? Which is best?
Activated charcoal is formed when ordinary charcoal is heated to a very high temperature. This makes activated charcoal much more porous than normal charcoal, vastly increasing its surface area. Activated charcoal is much more absorbent than ordinary charcoal.
Activated charcoal is much more practically effective in filtering and a more effective adsorbent than charcoal. The porosity of activated charcoal can be depicted that a teaspoon of activated charcoal contains about the surface area of a football field.
Activated charcoal has been bagged full of oxygen. That makes it incredibly absorbent. Activated charcoal has tiny holes and picks things up like a sponge. So, when used in a face wash - activated charcoal soaks up the dirt and other impurities on your skin.
Activated charcoal makes the best men's face wash for oily skin and pimples.
Benefits of Charcoal Face Wash for Men
Our skin is the largest and the most sensitive organ of the body, and therefore very vital. If you have problematic skin or regular use of cosmetics, then charcoal can be a lifesaver. It is highly effective in treating oily prone skin, breakouts, cleaning pores, and removing unwanted oil from the face and body.
- Helps Fight Skin Breakouts - The antibacterial properties of activated charcoal, however, may help lift bacteria from the pores. This may help reduce acne and improve overall skin complexion, which is caused by a layer of dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria that gets trapped inside the pores of your facial skin that trigger pimples and other inflammatory lesions which result in irritation, redness, and swelling.
Removes Impurities - By removing trapped dirt and bacteria from the skin, using a charcoal face wash can lead to a healthier, clearer complexion because of activated charcoal's ability to absorb bacteria and toxins in the body. It makes a good men's cleanser for oily skin.
Charcoal works like a magnet; it attracts all the impurities, including oil, dirt, pollution and dead skin. It gives your skin a deep clean and makes it ready to breathe freely and absorb beauty products. Clear skin is more likely to help products to work deeper and bring about the fastest results.
- Exfoliator – It acts as an exfoliator that helps in removing the dead skin cells and excessive oil from the skin. It has antibacterial properties that prevent skin infections, hydrates and refreshes your skin. The natural peeling component scrubs away dead skin, giving you more radiant smoother skin.
- Shrinks Pores - Throughout the day, dirt and other toxins are settling over your pores, making them more noticeable and enlarged in appearance. Activated carbon charcoal face wash for men helps pull the dirt and grime out of your pores, making them less visible and shrinks their size. This leaves your face feeling fresh all day.
- Charcoal Face Wash Fights against pigmentation – Be it dark circles or dark spots. If a man has dark spots, acne and wants to control the oil levels of his skin, charcoal face wash shall be beneficial.
- It makes your face look hydrated, fresh, and clean from dirt
- It reduces the excess oiliness of the skin but does not make your face look dry or flaky.
- Charcoal face washes help to maintain the natural elasticity of the skin.
- Deep cleansing of the skin allows it to breathe fresh air.
- Gives a much-needed rejuvenated look.
Can we use charcoal face wash daily?
There are no side effects of using charcoal face wash daily. Go slowly depending on the needs of your skin; it can be used anywhere from one to three times a week as per needs, as it will cleanse your pores and neutralize some environmental toxins. Try not to use it multiple times daily as it can soak up the natural oils and moisture from your skin. Remember the key. If your facial skin looks dry, flakey, or irritated, you are probably overusing the product.
Use it twice, in the morning and at night before going to bed. Squeeze a small dollop of your favorite charcoal face wash for men between palms and lather well into your damp skin and beard. Then rinse well with cold water and towel dry. The cold water will help shrink your pores.
Is charcoal face wash harmful?
It's a good idea to do a small patch test of the product on the inside of your elbow. If you don't experience any sort of itching or redness within a couple of hours, then it's safe to use on your face. Generally, these charcoal face wash appear to be safe, although overuse could cause skin dryness, redness, and sensitivity.
Charcoal helps to remove dead cells, oil, and dirt from the pore of the skin. It has some magnetic kind of property so, the charcoal face wash is suggested for those who have oily skin or people who work more in dirt and pollution. But people who have dry skin should use it sparingly as it's a powerful oil removal agent. It's only recommended for people who have oily skin. It helps to control oil secretion, prevent blackheads and acne. You’ll notice a visible difference in your skin. You won't need to use other exfoliating products as often; that's because charcoal gets down into your pores to remove the hidden layered grime.
Want best results from your skincare routine? Be sure to incorporate activated charcoal in your skincare. It's one of the most potent ingredients for men who want to look and feel their best.
Listen to your skin!